The Days Before Surgery

Thursday, April 16th 2009
I'm getting frustrated with work because I can't get things done in time and need more money flowing in, and this cancer thing is wasting my time. I may not be learning my life lesson yet. My frustration got the best of me. I'm supposed to go to the Newberry office tomorrow which will take up my time again and it is supposed to be some huge snow tomorrow.

Friday, April 17th, 2009
Hmmm, guess the low shifted. Tyler and I woke up at 3:30am and no snow yet. Good. Hopefully I can make some progress on work stuff today.

Well, I was being impatient. The snow started coming down wet and sloppy. We got snow/rain through Saturday evening and it was a mess.

Saturday, April 18th, 2009
Tyler discovered a problem in the crawl space. It was filled with smelly water. Had Leroy from down the street take a look. The kitchen drain had apparently backed up, frozen, and split the pipe. It had been spewing kitchen drainage for a couple of months into the crawl space. Got the wet/dry vac and clean up as much as possible. Will have to finish cleaning after surgery.

Sunday, April 19th, 2009
Pulled the plastic covering from the crawl space to get the rest of the mess out. Will have to wait until I feel better from surgery to do final cleaning and installing of plastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment