Surgery and Day After

Monday, April 19th, 2009
Went to the urology center at 10:00am. Spoke to the surgeon and he has warmed up a bit. Said he wasn't planning on removing any lymph nodes. Surgery was delayed an hour. Tyler was sitting with me in pre-op but I told him I was dozing off and he could wait for Kelly in the waiting room. So glad Kelly sat with Tyler during the surgery. He is very nervous but putting up a “man-like” front about things.

Joked with the anesthesiologist. He put me under and I woke up I guess about an hour later. Very groggy. Got back to the house and Tyler went to get food and my Percoset prescription. Tyler indirectly yelled at me to quit getting up and moving around. I decided the general anesthesia and percoset were giving me false wellness and started letting Tyler do things. So laid on the couch with an ice pack on my groin.

Tuesday, April 20, 2009
Woke up several times during the night. At 1:30am when taking a pill, getting more ice, and going to the bathroom I decided to take a look. I was very nervous to see what my scrotum was going to look like. Finally stood in front of the mirror and ..... oh thank god! Doesn't look much different at all.

Woke up at 4am with everyone else and worked a little. By 6am had to go lay down on the couch and go to sleep. Dane came over around 9am to play Nurse Ratchet. She brought cookies, brownies, and ice cream. She was very helpful and went to pick up pizza for lunch. She stayed till about 4pm.

Got a call from the nurse at the urology center. She was surprised there hadn't been any swelling of the incision or my scrotum. The surgeon had told Tyler that my scrotum might swell and possibly turn black/blue. I guess staying off my feet and keeping ice in the area did well.

Allison came over to walk Toby. Tyler set it up so she would walk Toby during the week. Nice!

Kept taking the percoset roughly every 4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment